This paper, published in 1998, is about the techniques in shape analysis. It talked about shape representation and description aspects of shape analysis.
Briefly introduction about Human Perception of Visual Form.
Boundary space & Body space techniques.
Polygonal & Spline approximations.
This paper started from the human visual perception to introduce a large amount of shape analysis techniques. A good overview of shape analysis techniques.
a survey of shape analysis techniques
Useful papers from reference:
39. Decomposition of three-Dimensional objects with spheres.
40. Minimal rectangular partition of digitalized blobs.
48. Visual Perception
61. Visual cognition: an introduction, Cognition
139. Shape design, representation, and restoration with splines.
145. An Introduction to Splines for use in Computer Graphics.
173. Ordered structural shape matching with primitive extraction.